Overdraft Courtesy® Options
An overdraft occurs when you do NOT have enough available funds in your checking account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. IBC can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We offer the Overdraft Courtesy® Program that can be added to your account; or
2. We also offer Overdraft Transfer Protection, which can link your checking account to a secondary account and if items post against insufficient funds on the checking account, the necessary funds are automatically transferred from the secondary account for only $12.00 per daily transfer, no matter how many items are presented. This service may be less expensive than Overdraft Courtesy®.
You have different options available to you for Overdraft Courtesy® Services:
1st Choice: Opt-in/out of the Overdraft Courtesy® Program
You can choose to have Overdraft Courtesy® added to your checking account. If you choose to add Overdraft Courtesy® it will be added to your account once it has been opened for 30 days and is in good standing. Please see the Overdraft Courtesy® Disclosure for details on how an account qualifies for Overdraft Courtesy® and the limits of Overdraft Courtesy®.
Under IBC’s Overdraft Courtesy®:
- IBC will charge you an overdraft fee of up to $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft. You will not be charged an overdraft fee if your ending account balance is overdrawn by $3.00 or less.
- Your account may be assessed multiple overdraft charges up to a maximum of six (6) overdraft fees per day or $210.00 total per day.
- Your account will accrue an overdraft interest at the rate of 18% per annum from the date of the overdraft until the date of receipt by Bank of repayment of such overdraft.
If you decide to opt-out of the Overdraft Courtesy® Program, the bank will not pay any item presented when you do not have enough funds. Please be aware that there is a $35 return item fee for each check or ACH payment presented, and merchants typically charge a fee for returned checks. If you use your debit card at a POS or at the ATM when you do not have sufficient funds in your account, the transaction will be declined and you will NOT be charged a fee.
If you decide to opt-in to Overdraft Courtesy® on your account, you have an additional choice to make.
2nd Choice: Opt in/out of ATM and Everyday Debit Card Transactions:
Once your account has been opened a minimum of 30 days and is in good standing, we will authorize and pay overdrafts on the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account, such as ACH payments
- Automatic bill payments
As required by federal regulation, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
If you decide not to have these transactions covered, the transaction will be declined if you do not have sufficient funds in your account, and you will NOT incur an overdraft charge or item return fee. This may be less expensive for you than optingin to ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
If you decide to opt-in to have ATM and everyday debit card transactions authorized and paid, the transactions will be authorized and paid by the bank up to your established limit and you will be charged an overdraft fee.
IBC’s Overdraft Courtesy® is a discretionary customer service that may cover inadvertent or occasional overdrafts. You should know that there are less expensive options in case of an emergency, such as Overdraft Transfer Protection, as explained above. For complete details of the Overdraft Courtesy® terms, please refer to the Overdraft Courtesy® Customer Disclosure.
Please remember that you always have a choice, and you can change your mind at any time about having Overdraft Courtesy® on your account and whether or not you want ATM and everyday debit card transactions covered by Overdraft Courtesy®.
To make your choice, complete this form and present it to any IBC Bank Representative or mail it to the address on the form. You may also make your choice on IBC Voice or by logging into IBC Bank Online.