Meet the Garza Twins
Friday, August 07, 2020
- So what is it like to constantly be around another human being who's just like you? Do you work in the same department? We both are supervisors housed in the same building but work in two different departments, Wires and Accounts Payable. Being together is like always being with your best friend - it's like being with that person that always has your back no matter what. We are synced in a way. If one of us is stressed, sad, had an injury or surgery the other twin will definitely feel it.
- Twins often dress similarly; why is that? Wouldn't it be easier to have a different haircut and clothing style and set yourself apart? Well, like many twins, we believe we have a strong bond or a special connection. We think this has to do with the fact that we've been together since we were in our mother's womb. This same reason may cause twins to like the same clothing and dress the same, like we do. We enjoy wearing unique fashion prints, like to follow the same trends and love styling outfits together. It would be difficult for us to have different hair or clothing styles. We feel very comfortable the way we are. We've had the same fashion and hair style for years and we're used to it.
- Do you also have the same tastes when it comes to food, fashion, etc.? Yes, we actually have the same taste in almost everything. We both love cats, listening to the same music, and enjoy fashion. Aside from that, we watch the same TV shows and movies and follow the same workout routines to stay in shape. We do have different tastes when it comes to food - for example, one of us doesn't eat cheese and the other doesn't eat egg yolks.
- What was the most embarrassing situation you have ever found yourselves in because of the fact that you're twins? Well, even though we work in different departments, people still tend to confuse us. It's happened so many times that, at this point, we just roll with it. Sometimes, co-workers and new employees will come up and will start a conversation thinking it's the twin they work with but it's the other twin instead, so we just go along and make the best of it.
- Both of you will soon celebrate 20 years with IBC Bank, what is that like? How does it feel? Time goes by so fast! We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary with IBC Bank next year. We love that this company actually "Does More" by being involved in the community. Since we started working for the bank back in 2001, we have been living up to the company's "We Do More" motto by volunteering to help the community. We have many fond memories, but one of our favorites is attending the yearly formal Christmas Galas. We were very privileged to attend several of them and we had so much fun. We've truly been very fortunate to be able to grow within the company. Over the last 20 years, we've put in a lot of hard work and dedication into this company. We've acquired the necessary knowledge, improved our skill sets and gained so much experience to get where we are today.