IBC Bank - Port Lavaca Celebrates Employees with 25-Year Pin Presentation
(DEC. 4, 2019) PORT LAVACA, Texas - Last week, IBC Bank-Port Lavaca held their annual bonus presentation where they recognized seven employees who have been with the bank for 25 years. This year, Rachel Bonuz, Richard Bothe, Christine Kalisek, Laurie Machicek, Celedonia Martinez, Marilyn Mikula and Cindy Partida were presented 25-year pins from IBC Bank-Port Lavaca.
The celebration is part of a long tradition at IBC Bank in which employees are recognized and celebrated for their Do More business and community acumen.
"IBC's commitment to our customers extends to our employees as well. We're proud to boast a team with deep experience in the industry and in our community," said Derek Schmidt, IBC Bank-Port Lavaca President and CEO. "Today we're proud to celebrate these great employees and look forward to their continued success at IBC Bank for years to come."
IBC Bank has made yearly pin presentations a significant tradition for all employees to celebrate their colleagues' achievements. Each milestone pin is unique, and the 25-year pin in particular includes two diamonds and a ruby inlaid into the logo. In addition to their work with the bank, these honorees are each deeply involved in their communities, and volunteer their time with numerous organizations within the area including Habitat for Humanity, Calhoun County Ministries, Calhoun County Little League, The Harbor Children's Alliance and Victim Center, and the St. Ann's Altar Society among others.
- Rachel Bonuz joined IBC Bank-Port Lavaca as a bookkeeper, and currently serves as a bank officer in the commercial lending department. She volunteers her time with the Calhoun County Little League.
- Richard Bothe joined IBC Bank as Vice President and lending Officer in the San Antonio location, where he was soon after appointed to CEO and President of IBC Bank-Port Lavaca and served in that role until 2012. He currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors for IBC Bank-Port Lavaca. He graduated from St. Mary's University with a degree in economics.
- Christine Kalisek joined IBC Bank-Port Lavaca as a bookkeeper and currently serves as head teller and bank officer. In her spare time, she volunteers with The Harbor Children's Alliance and Victim Center.
- Laurie Machicek joined IBC Bank-Port Lavaca as a part-time bookkeeper, and currently works in the credit department serving as the bank's accounts payable, collections and wire transfer liaison. She volunteers with the St. Ann's Altar Society.
- Celedonia Martinez joined IBC Bank-Port Lavaca as a support personnel. As a result of her devotion to volunteer work within the community, she has been awarded a cruise 5 times on behalf of IBC Bank's Community Development Corporation.
- Marilyn Mikula joined IBC Bank-Port Lavaca as a bookkeeper, and currently works as a senior sales representative. She volunteers her time with the Chamber of Commerce and the Calhoun County Fair Association.
- Cindy Partida joined IBC Bank-Port Lavaca as a sales associate, and currently works as an Assistant Vice President, corporate trainer and human resources liaison. She volunteers her time with Habitat for Humanity and Calhoun County Community Ministries.
About IBC Bank-Port LavacaIBC Bank-Port Lavaca, celebrating its 25th Anniversary of doing business, is a member of International Bancshares Corporation (NASDAQ: IBOC), a $12.2 billion multi-bank financial holding company headquartered in Laredo, Texas, with 189 facilities and 288 ATMs serving 89 communities in Texas and Oklahoma. IBC Bank's slogan "We Do More" reflects the bank's dedication to the growth and success of the customers and the communities it has been serving since 1966. International Bancshares Corporation was ranked 22nd on Forbes' prestigious list of 100 Best Banks in America in 2019. IBC Bank-Port Lavaca has been serving the area since 1994 and has a retail branch network of three locations. MEMBER FDIC / INTERNATIONAL BANCSHARES CORPORATION. Follow our Facebook page, @IBCBankWeDoMore. More information is available at ibc.com.