IBC Bank Builds Strong Financial Practices in Communities
(Feb. 27, 2023) LAREDO, TEXAS - IBC Bank recognizes America Saves Week as an opportunity to encourage individuals to complete a financial review that helps them better understand their savings and set realistic savings goals to become more financially stable. This year, the celebration takes place from February 27 to March 3.
America Saves Week was created in 2007 by America Saves, a nonprofit organization that uses principles of behavioral economics and social marketing to promote strong savings practices and to remind Americans to assess their saving status.
Being financially resilient is more than owning a savings account. It includes understanding your current financial condition, knowing what tools and resources are at your disposal and actively straightening your financial capacity in case of unexpected life events. IBC Bank invites you to start taking action during America Saves Week by:
- Creating a budget. The best way to start establishing a budget is to understand your spending habits.
- Making sure you set up an automatic savings deposit directly from your paycheck - you won't spend what you don't see.
- Talking as a family about ways to save. All it takes is a family change jar to create the habit.
- Putting that tax return in your savings account for a rainy day instead of spending it.
- If you are a homeowner, consolidate your credit card debt with a lower interest home equity loan.
By working with your bank to take control of your financial future, you can be better prepared for major milestones and the unexpected. To learn more, click here to find an IBC Bank in your area.
About IBC Bank
IBC Bank and Commerce Bank are divisions of International Bancshares Corporation (NASDAQ: IBOC), a $16.1 billion multi-bank financial holding company headquartered in Laredo, Texas, with 167 facilities and 257 ATMs serving 75 communities in Texas and Oklahoma. IBC Bank's slogan "We Do More" reflects the bank's dedication to the growth and success of the customers and the communities it has been serving since 1966. IBC Bank recently made the Forbes list of top eight banks in Texas and was among the World's Best Banks 2021 list. MEMBER FDIC / INTERNATIONAL BANCSHARES CORPORATION. Follow our Facebook and Instagram page, @IBCBankWeDoMore. More information is available at ibc.com.