AUSTIN, Texas (June 18, 2018)
- IBC Bank-Austin continues their support of higher education by awarding area students with the A.R. Sanchez, Sr. Memorial Scholarship as they venture into college and start a new chapter of their lives. Scholarships are granted to students who demonstrated a "Do More" attitude and leadership in student and community affairs throughout their years in high school.
An event was held at IBC Bank-Austin where $15,000 in scholarships were handed out to deserving students from 7 high schools.
"The students who were selected to receive the scholarship award are examples of IBC Bank's ‘We Do More' philosophy," said IBC Bank Vice President of corporate marketing Margarita Flores."We are extremely honored to assist in the pursuit of their higher education goals.
"Born into a humble family, Antonio R. Sanchez, Sr., the namesake of the scholarship award, was a strong supporter of making higher education available to those interested in bettering their lives. Sanchez's commitment to the power of learning lives on in the A.R. Sanchez, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Award, which is bestowed annually on deserving high school seniors in Texas and Oklahoma.
"It gives me great joy to see the expression on the faces of the students and their parents as we hand them a check for $1,000, which they will use to defray the costs of going to college," said Robert Barnes, president and CEO of IBC Bank-Austin. "We are committed to giving back to the community and know the awards are appreciated.
"Scholarship award recipients include:
▪ Ahmed Mohamed, Eastside Memorial High School
▪ Ashley Svetlik, Cedar Creek High School
▪ Bailey Chapin, Bastrop High School
▪ Danielle Naomi Vinklarek, Bastrop High School
▪ Eric Tejada, Lanier High School
▪ Francesca Maria Ascension Ramirez, Bastrop High School
▪ James Tello, Austin Can Academy
▪ Kaitlin Arnett, Bastrop High School
▪ Lisa Herrera, Eastside Memorial High School
▪ Lizabeth Ponce, Lanier High School
▪ Muath Farea, Eastside Memorial High School
▪ Priscilla Anita Sanchez, Austin Can Academy
▪ Savannah Mendive, Bastrop High School
▪ Staci Mora, Lyndon B. Johnson High School
▪ Tamera Blakely, John H. Reagan High School
IBC Bank-Austin is a member of International Bancshares Corporation (NASDAQ: IBOC), a $12.1 billion multi-bank financial holding company headquartered in Laredo, Texas, with 188 facilities and more than 291 ATMs serving 90 communities in Texas and Oklahoma. In 2016, IBC celebrated its 50th anniversary since it opened its doors for business in 1966. IBC Bank's slogan "We Do More" reflects the bank's dedication to the growth and success of both the customers and the communities it serves. International Bancshares was ranked 19th on Forbes' prestigious list of 100 Best Banks in America in 2018. IBC Bank-Austin has been serving the area since 2004 and has a retail branch of 11 locations. MEMBER FDIC / INTERNATIONAL BANCSHARES CORPORATION. Visit us on our YouTube channel, IBCBankWeDoMore. More information is available at ibc.com.